Hello dear friends, we are finally on summer holidays and it feels so good. Its been the hardest working year that I have had since joining the school just over three years ago, even though I have been working with the loveliest teacher ever, I walked out after the Year six prom last night and felt very relieved.
I intend to enjoy every minute of this holiday and for the first time in forever do some things for me. Recently, in fact, on and off for about six months I have been feeling very unwell, catching any bug going around, suffering with hip aches and having blood infections. Yes, I realise I'm getting older but I haven't even hit forty five yet so I know I am doing something wrong. So, this summer it is time for me to put me in order and not on the backburner. I will continue to spend time with my kids but for me I intend to:-
- Relax in the bath with a face and hair mask and read a book at least once a week.
- Eat healthy meals that I enjoy eating (rather than what everyone else chooses)
- Drink lots of water and cut out the caffeine
- Paint my finger and toe nails once a week
- Get my eyebrows done (its been ages since they were done)
- Spend some time enjoying the sun
- Go running three times a week with my daughter
Today, I have eaten:-
- Egg Sandwich
- Chicken and New potato salad
We have had a fairly busy day, myself and my three youngest children went into town earlier to get two birthday presents for my daughters friends. My daughter had a gift card from her birthday that she spent of a hand stitched Paris journal (Oh dear she has my love of books!), she also used the last of her birthday money on a pair of shoes. My nine year old spent some of his birthday money on a big pack of sharpies (the boy loves pens!).
My youngest two sons and I then stopped a Costa, one had a Coke and crisps, the other had a hot chocolate and a crispy cake and I had a chilled latte. I love cold coffee!
Tonight I intend to have a bath and read my book.
I hope you have had a lovely day, the first day of our holiday has been bliss!
Take care xx