Tuesday 15 March 2016

Tuesday ramble



Good evening dear friends. I hope this post turns out readable as my computer seems to be having a bit of a moment.

Today, has been a long day, do you feel it too?

My eldest son is in Amsterdam for his dads 50th Birthday (Happy Birthday Steve) and today visited the Heineken factory and the went for dinner at the Hard Rock Café. I must admit to feeling a touch jealous whilst eating my tuna sandwich for dinner (spag bog has been moved to tomorrow).

This evening my darling daughter was invested at Brownies and received her hostess badge. She wrote an invite to me, made table decorations (origami rabbits and bird) and made chocolate chip cakes. She then made me a cup of tea and brought me a cake. It was delightful.



I went to the shop this evening and got myself a slow cooker at a brilliant bargain of £10.00 with my birthday money. I am hoping this will make life much easier on the evenings when I am constantly in and out. So watch out on next weeks menu plan for some slow cooker meals.

I received my thirteen year olds report today and he most definitely does not take after me. His highest score (which I have to say was very good) was in science. His report overall was very good but it confirmed that although he thoroughly enjoys history he should not consider taking this as one of his options. I have always said in the past that if a child enjoys something they will work harder at it but in this case my theory is clearly floored.

I came home at lunch time today and really achieved nothing, I had this plan of bleaching and thoroughly cleaning the whole house before the Easter holidays so that I can relax and have fun with the children but other than bleach and scrub the bathroom on Sunday I haven't got much further. I know, keep plodding along. A bit at a time makes a big difference.

Well I am off for a bath now, have a great evening and take care xx





 

2 comments:

  1. 10 pounds for a crockpot?! That's an awesome deal, Tara!

    I hope your daughter enjoys the Brownies. It sounds like she's having a good time so far.

    I didn't achieve anything today either. Every week I tell myself that shopping will NOT become an all-day affair and every week, it does. Blogging definitely takes (too) much of my time, but I'd miss it if I didn't do it, lol.

    Have a good rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it Nathalie I was so pleased. I didn't use it today though as I had to go out this morning and get toothpaste so I didn't have time to prepare it.

    Brownies is right up her street, she loves anything girly and hands on. I'm not sure she would enjoy camping or anything like that though.

    Blogging does take quite a while and you are very organised about your blog (unlike me) and as for shopping bleugh! Is all I have to say about that. I hate it. Do you write a list of what you would like to get done in a day. People always tell me to do that and I must admit I do achieve more if I do.

    Enjoy your week too xxx

    ReplyDelete