Sunday 19 June 2016

Fathers day



Hello friends, I hope you are having a lovely day with your families.

I woke up this morning to the screeching tones of daughter and eight year old son arguing over who was going to carry the crumpets up to daddy. Eight year old son won as he announced that he had made them and burnt his finger in the process. (Whatever happened to wait for mummy to get up?)

So I was up at the crack of dawn and after daddy attempted the seriously anaemic crumpets he went back to sleep! We had a chilled out morning waiting for our thirteen year old to get back from his expedition. I went off to pick him up at 2pm and chatted to one of the other mums until they arrived, peering sleepily out of the windows desperate to see if their mums and dads were waiting for them.

He got in the car and announced that he was starved and needed food! Good job I had food ready and waiting for the poor worn out boy.

After dropping him home, I went off on my own to see my dad. Mum went in to make us coffee and dad and I chatted about his recent results. He was much more positive than I expected him to be and told me he is not intending on giving up yet. That's the best fathers day present a daughter could wish to hear.

I spent a lovely couple of hours chatting to my parents, drinking coffee and eating pastries and it turned out to be a very nice day.

I hope you have had a nice day too

Take care xx

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got to spend quality time with your dad on Father's Day and that he's in good spirits.

    And that your 13-year old survived his Duke of Edinburgh's Expedition!

    Have a lovely week, Tara.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nathalie, it was nice to see him feeling better than I expected to.

    Ha ha you should have seen him this morning, tired is the biggest understatement ever.

    I hope you have a nice week too xx

    ReplyDelete