Monday 7 September 2015

Menu plan monday

Hi guys, I hope you have had a good day today, are you counting down to the weekend?

For this weeks menu plan I need to work out fairly easy meals, it is only Monday and my first morning  of getting up at 5.30am and already I feel worn out and have very little energy. I really should be cleaning and preparing lunches whilst dinner is cooking (oops).

Monday

Sausage, hash browns and beans

Tuesday

Chicken, roast new potatoes and sweetcorn

Wednesday

Shepherds pie, sweetcorn and green beans

Thursday

Pork steaks, mash, onions and peppers

Friday

Jacket potatoes with cheese and beans

Saturday

Beef stroganoff and chips

Sunday

Chicken curry and Rice


Hopefully this should be a fairly easy menu that I can cope with. I think shopping needs to be done on a weekly basis rather than daily and maybe the slow cooker needs to come out next week.

Have a lovely evening I am off for a bath and an early night.


2 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoyed your bath and got some much needed rest. Can you have your kids pack their own lunches at night?

    I agree that shopping once a week is the way to go. I used to be like you and stop in the store every day (and be so proud of my deals!) and I was spending WAY too much. When I started my blog is when I pretty much decided to go shopping only once a week and that's made a HUGE difference in my grocery (and other) expenses. But I also have a much larger fridge than yours with a side-by-side freezer and a chest freezer as well... still planning your menus ahead and only buying what you truly need, that should help you on all fronts. Give it a try!

    The chicken curry and rice sounds delicious... it's almost dinnertime here and I'm famished! Will you post a recipe one day, when you have the time? Curries aren't all that popular here, not like in England. It always amazes me when British people talk about curries because mostly we think of British food as bland (like boiled meat with mint sauce and hot water... it's Asterix's fault!), LOL. Have a great Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey hun, sorry I have been so awol. I couldn't cope with being back I was soooo tired. Feeling better tonight.

    They could pack their own lunches and I am starting to realise that I do to much for them. This weekend I am going to do them a chore list ha ha rude awakening for them.

    I am also doing a shopping list on Friday night to do a weekly shop. Of course I will post a recipe xx

    ReplyDelete