Thursday 20 August 2015

Daily Rambling and Update

Good Evening my dear friends.

I don't really feel like we have achieved very much today. I think laziness took hold and the knowledge that I only have a week and a half until I have to go back to work. So sad!

The curtains and bedding that I bought from Next with my vouchers came into store today so I went and picked them up. Whilst I was at the shops I decided they desperately needed a new curtain rail, so I popped into Argos and found a black nickel one that gives a lovely shine, it had £2.00 off so I got this for £17.99 not too much of a bargain but better than nothing.
 
Unfortunately I do need to wait for sweet man to put this up for me (hopefully tomorrow). But I have put the bedding on.

And also hung the curtains on the old pole without pulling them to fit, just to get the creases out.
I am really pleased with the quality of both the bedding and the curtains and was really impressed that the curtains came with a free bag of hooks inside them. I know I've said it before but I love Next.
I still need to buy a lampshade and lamp, and a desk. But I am waiting for these to go into the sale and a desk that is suitable to come up on Ebay. I have £40 worth of vouchers left so I should be able to complete their room using these.

This is how the bedroom looks so far!

Seeing as I have been so lazy I haven't got around to making any cakes and I usually like to give the children a cake or a biscuit with their lunch. So today I bought a box of broken biscuits for £2.99. Once opened I noticed hardly any of the biscuits inside are broken and the children love the variety.

The final thing that we achieved today was getting sweet boy one an NUS card which is a card that gives students discounts off of all sorts of things ranging from 25% off cinema tickets, 40% off a lot of restaurants (less off some), discounts off rail cards, clothes shops and many more things. If you have a son or daughter going to university I would certainly recommend getting them this card.

Well that's all I have to tell you today but I'll be back tomorrow with Clean Fridge Friday and I could be getting ahead of myself but I don't think there will be too much waste!

Have a lovely evening.

2 comments:

  1. I think the bedroom looks great, Tara! It sounds like your biscuit assortment box was a great deal. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nathalie, I am pleased it is coming along slowly. I still am pleased with the biscuit purchase. It'll be interesting to see how long they last xx

    ReplyDelete