Thursday 25 February 2016

Good evening.

Do you like the above picture, it reminded me of summer and as it has suddenly turned so cold again I thought it might be nice to be reminded that the warm summer weather is not really too far away, even though at the moment it might feel like forever!

I am going to start off by admitting that I did no walking today. Oops. I had the car for a complete change. This was a good thing though because it took my son so long to do his homework that he had to finish it off after he had his breakfast this morning.  If we had been walking this would have made us late.

What has made me smile, laugh or happy today

  • Being able to drive to and from work (walking can be tiring)
  • Being told that my daughters behaviour was excellent at the grammar school yesterday
Todays post is going to be a quick one as I have promised my eldest son that I will help him to organise some college visit days whilst he is in America and I also have to go and pick my thirteen year old up from cadets shortly.

Things I have done at home today are:-

  • Make beds
  • Put the dishwasher on
  • Put the washing machine on
  • Swept the floor
  • Wiped over the bathroom and toilet
Do you have any good ideas for mothers day presents? As you will know if you are a regular reader my mum is amazing and I would really like to get her something for mothers day that she would really like and enjoy but as I am on quite a tight budget it has to be affordable so if you have any ideas please comment below, I would love to hear from you.



Well that's it from me today.

Have a lovely evening and take care xx

3 comments:

  1. I do like the picture, it reminds me of my garden!

    Sorry, I don't have any great suggestions for Mother's Day. My mom doesn't celebrate Mother's Day. Maybe you can get someone to take a family photo of you and the kids and print it at home? Find a cheap frame at a thrift store? Or get the kids to write her a letter describing how they feel about her and then also add your own? Or take her to a park for a picnic with homebaked goodies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden must be so pretty, you should post some pictures. I'd love to see some.

    Lovely ideas, actually thinking about it I saw a really nice frame the other day that had all different bits in it so I could put all different photos in it. Its a bit cold for the park unfortunately because I would love to do that, we make her lunches at home quite often. Oh did you get the reply I sent you last night because it didn't register on my blog but I don't know if it went as an email because i did it in my phone xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny you're saying that because I just went to the garden this afternoon and I'm posting pictures right now. Actually it's not so pretty... I neglected it over the winter so there are a lot of weeds, but Spring is pretty much here already so they're flowering, hahaha.

      Do you remember what you said in your answer? I can't find a reply from you in my email, where it would have shown up since I had signed up for comment follow-ups via email.

      Delete