Friday 1 January 2016

Aims for 2016 - Not Resolutions

Hi, well here we are 2016. I am glad to say goodbye to 2015 but I want to welcome 2016 with the enthusiasm that was missing from last year.

I know certain things that brought me down last year are not going to get any easier, my dad will still be terminally ill but instead of being scared of losing him, I need to treasure every moment that I still have with him.

I know that my sweet boy, that is very unhappy at school, is not going to become miraculously happy but I need to make sure that I continue to support him as much as possible and try and make decisions that are right for him. (This had a massive effect on me last year because I work at his school and saw him alone and crying on a daily basis)

But now its time to get down to the things that I can do something about:-

1. I want to lose weight and become healthier. At the latter part of last year as most of you who pop in and visit will know I became very poorly and if I'm honest I'm only slowly on the mend now I think this was partly due to being so low and partly due to being not very healthy. This upset my children tremendously and they have begged me to become more fit and healthy this year. My children are my everything and the last thing I have ever wanted to do is make them worry.

I have joined Iona at meanqueen to walk 1000 miles in a year

I have been given a fitbug orb which monitors the exercise that I do and you can also monitor what you eat etc. Unfortunately the app does not work on my phone so I might need to download the app to my eldest sons iPhone.

I also plan to log what I have eaten on here so you can either congratulate me or give me a good talking to if I need it. I promise to be brutally honest because realistically the only person that I would be cheating is myself and my children.

2. I desperately want to get my house clutter free. I can't stand mess it stresses me out and with five children mess can accumulate very quickly. My aims for doing this is to take one room at a time and clear out everything in it into piles of what should be kept because it is truly wanted or needed, what should be donated or sold, and what is only fit for the bin! And systematically work my way through each room.

3. This year I want to save as much money as possible. To achieve this I aim to menu plan, only buy what is needed and to get what we need at the best possible prices. I would also like to cut down on the new items that we buy and get the best savings possible on things like nectar cards.
Organise big expenses like the children's birthdays and Christmas in advance and take advantage of offers on things that they would like when they arise. I am hoping that I will make extra money from the things that we don't need and I intend on putting this is an old jam jar together with money that I find. (I stole this idea from my dear friend Nathalie)
 
 
 
I hope you will join me on my bid to a happy and healthy 2016.  Over the next few days I will be planning exactly what time scale I want to reach each goal in and would love any advise or ideas that you may have.
 
Enjoy your evening and take care xx

2 comments:

  1. I love that you use "aims" instead of resolutions :) I do the same with "goals".

    I didn't realize your dad was that sick, I'm so sorry. I look forward to reading about your progress with your goals in 2016, and hope that you're fully recovered very soon! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Resolutions just don't seem to work for me Nathalie, I am one of those people if I am told to do something I won't do it but if I'm told to give something a try I will give it a good go. Ha h's

      Thanks Nathalie, I'm finding it really hard, I just want to sit down and cry all the time but I know that's not going to change anything, and it certainly won't help my dad or anyone else in my family. So I'm going to try and be more positive.

      I look forward to watching your progress in 2016 too.

      Thank you for the hugs, they are very much appreciated xxx

      Delete